Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pesto Chicken Pizza


This past week was my husband's birthday. He told me that he really wanted pizza for his birthday dinner. Since we had some pesto in the freezer, I thought a pesto and grilled chicken pizza would be just the thing to make. I started out with a homemade pizza crust and topped it with homemade cilantro lime pest, grilled chicken, organic Italian chicken sausage, sliced red onion, Kalamata olives, red bell pepper and mozzerella cheese. I also had some pine nuts in the freezer that needed to be used so I threw those on top. The pizza turned out great! I rolled the crust out pretty thin and baked it on a pizza stone. It was perfect! Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. In my opinion, that is just how pizza crust should be. The combination of the grilled chicken and the chicken sausage was wonderful. I only used one link so that the sausage flavor would be present, but not overwhelming. We have really been enjoyed the great chicken sausages that are sold at our local farmers market. They are made fresh everyday, and add a really nice flavor. We will be making this pizza again.

No comments:

Post a Comment