Thursday, May 28, 2009

Moist Chocolate Cake


This was such a delicious chocolate cake! I was quite surprised by myself. I made this cake for my sister's birthday party. It was pretty simple to put together. I used a regular dark chocolate cake mix (yes....from a box) and some chocolate fudge sauce in between the layers and drizzled on top. I then topped it with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar....viola!!!! A beautiful, moist, delicious chocolate cake. Usually I don't like using things from a box. Especially cake mixes. However, this time I was forced to use a box because the homemade lemon angel food cake got burnt to a crisp in the oven. My oven is not the best....I am convinced that it is actually 50 degrees warmer than it indicates. After 5 minutes in the oven the angel food cake was burned beyond saving.....so sad! Anyway, this chocolate cake was what I came up with. It hit the spot. My sister-in-law made some killer good orange cream ice cream to accompany it. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment