Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca


Hello friends (is anyone really there or do I just imagine you are there?)!!! I can't believe a new year is here! I love the freshness and newness the beginning of a new year brings! I love the motivation I have to be a better person. I love setting goals for myself and love it even more when I have accomplished those goals! One of my goals this year is to post AT LEAST once a week. I have been terrible the past few months and hope to be better this coming year.


I saw this recipe on another food blog that I love called For the Love of Cooking. I have made several dishes or at least used several recipes from this blog as a base for something else. I have yet to be disappointed! This dish is absolutely delicious! My husband and I could not get enough of it! The flavor of the prosciutto is incredible with the tender chicken breast. It has a slightly smokey and salty flavor, but not over powering at all. The recipe originally called for 2 sage leaves per chicken breast, but my sage plant was covered with snow and not looking quite appetizing to use, so I simply left it out. I simply pounded the chicken breast, seasoned it with salt and pepper and then wrapped 1 large piece of prosciutto around each breast and seared it in a frying pan. I also roasted some asparagus and threw together a simple side dish of parmesan olive oil cous cous, and also tossed some acorn squash with olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar and roasted it. It was Heavenly. Seriously. I was impressed with how quickly this meal was to throw together too! If you have not tried prosciutto before, this is a good recipe to try. I am positive you will like it!


Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca

3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin

salt and pepper for seasoning

9 fresh sage leaves

6 slices of prosciutto

3 tsp. olive oil

1/2 cup chicken broth

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp. corn starch

fresh parsley chopped

fresh lemon wedges (for serving)


Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place 3 sage leaves on each breast and wrap with 2 slices of prosciutto. Heat 3 tsp. oil in a frying pan and heat over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, add chicken and cook until golden brown; flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is done. Let the meat sit aside on a platter to rest.

Combine the chicken broth, lemon juice and cornstarch together in a small bowl and whisk until well combine. Place the slkillet over medium high heat. Add the lemon juice mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken breast and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment