Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lobster Ravioli with Roasted Shrimp and Vegetables


My husband and I were cruising through Costco one Friday evening and found the most delicious sounding lobster ravioli. I bought a package. It was our treat for that shopping trip. Besides, when do we eve buy anything that sounds as fancy as lobster ravioli? Before I actually put it in the cart, I looked at the ingredients just to make sure it wasn't full of a bunch of junk. Sure enough, the ingredients were pretty wholesome!!! Just a few simple ingredients which is what I was hoping for....lobster, cheese (four different kinds), and pasta dough. Of course there were a few other ingredients listed, but overall, it looked like a good product.

I contemplated for a few days just exactly how I wanted to prepare the ravioli. I decided that it would best be served simply, as to not cover up any of that YUMMY lobster flavor! I had a butternut squash and some asparagus on hand...PERFECT!!! I roasted the butternut squash with some olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic herb seasoning (also purchased at Costco). On a seperate pan, I roasted asparagus, mushrooms and a red belle pepper. Once all the veggies were roasted, I combined them together and tossed them with the cooked ravioli. I also roasted some shrimp to add a bit more protein and substance to the dish.

After it was all put together, I decided that some garbonzo beans and cranberries would top it off perfectly! I was right!!! Now that the main part of the meal was put together, I needed a sauce to add just a bit of flavor. I had a jar of Classico Sundried Tomato Pesto and some home made lemon parmesan dressing. I combined equaly parts of each and drizzled it over the pasta, shrimp and roasted veggies. IT WAS DIVINE!!!! The end product ended up a bit more complicated (but still very simple) than I had anticipated. But, we were extremely pleased!!! This is now one of my husbands most favorite meals. Especially when served with a big hunk of toasted crusty bread. Trust me, you can't go wrong!

Sorry for the lack of a real recipe for this meal, but I think it is near impossible to mess this dish up. How can you go wrong with roasted veggies, lobster ravioli and shrimp?!

No comments:

Post a Comment