Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spicy Chipotle Skewers with Wild and Brown Rice




This is a healthy/light meal but Oh so satisfying! My husband and I just returned from a trip to San Francisco and I hadn't been to the grocery store for almost two weeks. Believe me...our fridge was pretty bare! This is a meal that I pulled together with the last of what was left. It was so good and very easy to prepare. I marinated steak, chicken and shrimp in a Chipotle marinade I had in the spice cabinet. I let the meat marinade for about an hour. I then prepared a plain wild and brown rice mixutre I bought from Costco. I found some whole wheat pita bread in the freezer (a staple at our house), so I made some spiced pita chips using a mixture of garlic powder, cumin, curry powder, a dash of salt and a couple of grinds of black pepper. I then cut the pita into wedges and sprayed them lightly with cooking I had a zucchini, one bell pepper and some broccoli in the fridge so I sauteed them with some grill seasoning. After the veggies were done I served it all up with some hummus on the side for the pita chips. My husband LOVED this meal. This is one I will make again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment