Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Southwest Salmon Salad




This salad is the result of not having a lot of food in the refrigerator and wanting something light, yet satisfying. This salad hit the spot! My husband liked it too! It has a great combination of flavors and is a great meal for a warm summer night. I'll admit, I had two huge plates of this salad. The best thing is that you can use any vggies you like. I would have added corn if I would have had some.....maybe next time. The salmon was juicy and tender...just the way we like it. You could also easily use chicken or shrimp instead. I served this with grilled garlic-cheese bread.

Cilantro Lime Dressing
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
1 garlic clove
dash salt and pepper
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Blend all ingredients but oil in food processor. After ingredients are finely chopped, slowly drizzle in oil while the machine is running.
Salad:
salad greens
chopped tomatoes, avocado, red bell pepper, green onions, cucumber, olives
kidney or black beans
Roasted asparagus
Shredded cheese (I used goat cheese)
Grilled Salmon (I seasoned it with grill seasoning and a souhwest seasoning with a dash of lime juice)
Potato wedges (slice 4-5 red potatoes into wedges, place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with a variety of seasonings. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment