Sunday, August 16, 2009

Panko Breaded Chicken and Summer Pasta


I have been craving pasta lately. There is something about biting into a heaping fork full of saucey covered noodles that I have been needing. This meal completely satisfied my craving...and I can't wait to have it again tomorrow! The chicken had a flavorful crispy crust on the outside and was tender and juicey on the inside. I didn't follow a recipe, I simply added what sounded good. It is simple and uses basic ingredients, but it really hit the spot!

Breaded Panko Chicken and Summer Pasta

Panko bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Parmesan cheese (grated)
Chicken breast (boneless, skinless)

Combine the panko, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Dip chicken breast in the mixture and place in a hot skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Place under broiler for a few minutes if necessary.

Pasta
Spaghetti or angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
Sauce (I used Classico)
1 yellow summer squash, sliced
1 zucchini squash, sliced
1 onion sliced
1 pkg. mushrooms

Place squash, onion and mushrooms in a hot skillet. Stir fry and season with salt and pepper. Place desired amount of pasta on the plate, top with sauce and veggies. Serve with panko breaded chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment