Sunday, August 30, 2009

Stuffed Shells


I don't know why, but I was in a pasta mood for about two weeks. All that sounded good was pasta with lots and lots of sauce! It had been a long time since I had made stuffed shells, and since I bought a package of them the day before at Target for only .60, I thought I would make a pan for us to eat now and one to freeze. I didn't follow a recipe. I just added what I thought sounded good. In a bowl I mixed cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, grated zucchini, grated carrot, sauteed mushrooms, chopped parsley, a little crushed rosemary and thyme, salt and pepper. After that was all mixed, I added 1 egg to bind it together. Cook the shells as directed on the package. Place a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Stuff the shells and place stuffed side up. After they are all stuffed, pour a little sauce on top and top with more cheese (optional). Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. I served these with panko breaded chicken and sauteed summer veggies. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment