Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Roasted Vegetable Burritos


I think that one of the reasons I get so excited for fall is because it means it is time for pumpkin, butternut squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, hot soup and homemade bread. All of those things are on my list of favorites! This recipe uses butternut squash...something I think I could eat on a daily basis. I love this recipe! It is quick and so flavorful!

Roasted Vegetable Burritos
1 small or 1/2 of a large butternut squas, peeled and diced large
2-3 red potatoes, large dice
1 red bell pepper, cut into large strips
1 large onion, sliced
1 8 oz. package mushrooms, large dice
3 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper
olive oil
black beans
cooked brown rice
grilled chicken
non-fat plain yogurt
green salsa verde
tortillas

Preheat oven to 425 dgrees. Place diced vegetables on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Add minced garlic, salt and pepper and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes and squash are soft. Layer rice, beans, roasted veggies and chicken on a tortilla. Dallop a scoop of yogurt and some green salsa on top. Roll up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment