Sunday, January 3, 2010

Steak Salad


Can you believe it is already January 2010? I can't. And in my opinion, Christmas break passed by much too quickly. I am not ready to go back to real life just yet. I have enjoyed sleeping in until 7:30 or 8:00 everyday and not having anything that I "had" to do such as go into the office. Tomrrow life starts again....real life. Not that real life is bad, but the break has been so nice. I often think that the most difficult part of any vacation is having to come back. The thing is, once I am back in the swing of things, life is great again. I guess it is just the anticipation of it all. Anyway, I am grateful for a job to go back to, and wonderful people at the office to greet me! I do truely love the people I work with! Anyway, I made a simple meal tonight because I have been a bit under the weather with a horrible cold. I was not in the mood to cook a large or complicated meal. For my husband, I made this delicious steak salad. The steak is rubbed with a combination of chili powder, cinnamon, salt and minced garlic. It may sound like a strange combination, but the flavor is unbelieveable!!!! It makes for some great steak or chicken tacos!!!! I also topped the salad with avocado, radishes, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and sprouts. I composed my salad with the same ingredients besides the steak. I seared some large scallops!!! Yum! I also made a delicious quinoa salad with a lime and garlic dressing and a big slice of potato rosemary bread! I will post the quinoa recipe tomorrow! Enjoy!

Chili Rubbed Steak (or chicken)
1-2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Cloves of garlic, minced

Combine ingredients and rub all over steak or toss with chicken. If using steak, broil the meat until it is slightly pink in the middle. If using chicken, slice chicken and toss with mixture. Stir-fry until no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment