Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


I have never had buffalo wings before. My husband likes them, so I thought it might be fun to try this recipe out for a change. The sauce was spicy!!! If you like spicy, you will like this. It also gets a nice flavor from the tangy gorgonzola cheese. I made a few changes such as adding sliced red onions, olives, sliced red bell pepper, and shredded carrots. Other than that, I stayed pretty true to the recipe. I whipped up a double batch of pizza dough and froze the other half for another time. I guess I had better give proper credit for this recipe to Rachel Ray. Hope you enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
3/4 pound chicken breast cutlets
2 tsp. grill seasoning
pizza dough
2 Tbsp. butter (I used 1 Tbsp. Smart Balance)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2-3 Tbsp. hot sauce (tobasco)
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
3 scallions thinly sliced (I used sliced red onions)
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Drizzle chicken with olive oil and season with grill seasoning. Grill chicken. When chicken is cooled, thinly slice it and set aside.
To make the sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pan. Stir in worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Stir to combine and add sliced chicken.
Stretch the dough to desired size of pizza. Place on pizza stone or pizza pan and cook just unitl it is barely baked. Remove from the oven and top with sauce coated chicken, onions, and cheese (and any other toppings), and bake until the cheese is melted and crust is a light golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment