Sunday, May 9, 2010

Jalapeno Poppers



My husband could not get enough of these! They were so easy and a lot more healthy than the regular deep fried jalapeno poppers. I used turkey bacon and scallions to flavor the filling. I bought a total of 10 jalapenos to make this recipe but only made a few since I knew he would be the only one eating them (I don't do so well with dairy and these have cream cheese). But I can tell you that they smelled WONDERFUL! My husband ate the entire plate almost the second I pulled them out of the oven.
Jalapeno Poppers
10 jalapenos, stems removed, sliced in half and seeded
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, at room temp. (I used low fat)
3 scallions, sliced
4 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped (I used turkey bacon)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Combine cream cheese, scallions and chopped bacon. Stir to combine well. Scoop desired amount of filling in the jalapeno halves. Dip each half in the panko and spray the tops lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until peppers are cooked through and the tops are golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment