Monday, April 20, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza







I have been craving pizza for about a week now. I finally decided that it was time to make some! I chose to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza because there was just something about the taste of bbq sauce that sounded so good! This is not just a regular 'ol BBQ chicken pizza.....I added several more toppings to make the pizza more substantial and filling. I don't know what it is about pizza and pasta, but unless it is loaded, I can eat plate after plate without getting full. In addition to the usual chicken, red onion, olives and cilantro, I added chopped artichoked hearts, black beans, bacon (on my husband's half), red bell pepper, roasted mushrooms, and I topped my husband's half with a combo of smoked gouda and mozzerella cheeses. It was INCREDIBLE!!! It completely satisfied my craving for pizza. I am not going to post a recipe (since there isn't really one). I just used my traditional pizza crust recipe. I served this pizza with a side of deliciously broiled vegetables that I seasoned with rosemary and grill seasoning. I chose broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, and sliced carrots. They were so yummy!






No comments:

Post a Comment