Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hoisin Glazed Salmon


1 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons honey
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
8- to 10-ounce salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat broiler. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey.
Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil. Spray top of broiler pan with
cooking spray. Brush half of the hoisin sauce mixture over to coat.
Broil salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes.

I love salmon!!!! I love it prepared most any way! I love the flavor of the meat...so tender and juicy. I try to fix it a couple of times a week because it has so many health benefits (maybe that is just an excuse for me to spend the money on it!). My husband likes it almost as much as I do. I came across this recipe that used a glaze made from hoisin sauce (a new favorite condiment), honey, and orange juice. I served it over fluffy brown rice and some roasted vegetables on the side (eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and crushed garlic). This was another meal that made us sad to be full. It was SO full of flavor! I can't wait to have leftovers tonight! I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!




1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    What is Hoisin sauce and where do I get it? This looks so good!! I am loving your blog, so many great ideas for me to steal.

    ReplyDelete