Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Turkey Burgers




I have had a few turkey burgers in my day...but never one as good as this! These are the most flavorful, moist, delicious turkey burgers I have ever had! The combination of ingredients work so well together! This recipe comes from 30 Minute Meals. I have had it in my pile of "to make" recipes for a while. I am so glad I finally made these. My husband (a big hamburger fan) loved these as much as I did. We ate these two nights in a row for dinner with grilled asparagus, salad, and giant potato fries. The first night we had these I toasted a sourdough English muffin instead of a bun. I love sourdough! In the original recipe, Rachael Ray suggests they be served on a portobello mushroom burger (which sounds yummy), but I prefer some type of bread/bun with my burgers. The recipe below reflects how I made the burgers. I think I am going to buy another package of ground turkey to make a big batch to keep in the freezer for a quick meal. I hope you try these! I know you'll love them as much as we did.
Turkey Cacciatore Burgers

1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast, the average weight of 1 package
Salt and pepper
6 crimini mushrooms (baby portobellos) stems removed and finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, smashed away from skin and finely chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Sliced tomatoes
Avocado
BBQ Sauce
Dijon Mustard
Sliced cheese

Combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped crimini mushrooms, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire, crushed red pepper flakes, cheese and parsley. Score and form meat into 4 large patties, 1 inch thick. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on top the patties then fry 5 or 6 minutes on each side in a hot skillet. Top with preferred toppings and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment